Dark green long thin fruit, strong fast growing plant that produced lots of zucchini all summer.
- Zucchini like cucumbers grow in hills. About 4 feet apart along the row’s and 4 feet between row’s.
- Not many gardeners need more than a couple of plants. Once they start producing you can get lots of fruit from a plant.
- Pick young and often, as the zucchini gets older its skin gets tough. Also larger zucchini take a lot from the plant and it will stop producing new fruit. Even if you do not need one today pick it anyway and more will grow.
- Do not plant seed until the ground is warm, zucchini is very susceptible to cold temperatures and cold wind.
- Zuccini does not need a lot of fertilizer but does not like to get dry to the point of wilt.
- There are a number of interesting varieties that are fun to grow and easily started from seed.